The City of West University Place Parks and Recreation Department is committed to your safety. Below is our policy for closing the Recreation Center Pool due to contamination incidents.
In the event a fecal or vomit incident occurs in the pool, the pool will be closed per the Center for Disease Control and Model Aquatic Health Code standards.
The type of incident that occurs will determine the amount of time that is required for pool closure once the pool has been cleaned and treated properly. There are many variables that factor into the contamination treatment protocol and the total closure time.
Closure times can range from 45 minutes to 48 hours, depending on these variables.
Please do your part in minimizing closure incidents. Here are several ways that YOU can help keep the pool open and safe!
- Please shower thoroughly before swimming. One minute is all it takes to make a huge difference.
- Don't pee or poop in the water. Please use designated restrooms for these activities.
- Take children on hourly restroom breaks.
- If not 100% potty trained, please wear a swim diaper and a plastic reusable diaper over the swim diaper at all times. Reusable diapers can be purchased at the customer relations desk.
- If you, or a family member has experienced diarrhea in the last two week, please do not swim for a minimum of two week AFTER all symptoms have cleared.
- If you have open sores or open wounds, please do not swim until these areas have healed.
- Do not swallow the water.
Rain Check Policy
If you, your family members and/or guests have checked in 30 minutes or less of an incident/closure occurring - please visit the staff at the Customer Relations Desk for a rain check. Rain checks are only valid in the current year.