The City of West University Place holds its general elections to elect a Mayor and 4 council members in May of odd-numbered years. Elections are ordered by the Mayor or by City Council. The City Secretary gives notice of elections in the manner required by the laws of the State of Texas.
The next general election for the City of West University Place will be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
Where to Vote for the May 2021 Election: West U City Hall, 3800 University Boulevard, during Early Voting and on Election Day.
Residents can also vote at any Harris County Voting Center. For locations, visit www.harrisvotes.com.
Early Voting Hours of Operation:
- April 19 – 24: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- April 25: Noon to 7:00 pm
- April 26: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
- April 27: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
On May 1, Election Day, the polls will be open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Identification Requirements: If you possess one of the following forms of acceptable Photo IDs, you must present it when voting in person:
- DPS issued Texas Driver’s License
- DPS issued Texas Personal ID Card
- DPS issued Texas Election Identification Certificate
- DPS issued Texas Handgun License
- US Military ID Card
- U.S. Passport
- US Citizenship Certificate
* With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or, for voters aged 18-69, have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place. A person 70 years of age or older may use a form of identification listed above that has expired if the identification is otherwise valid.