Until further notice, all in person court hearings are suspended and held remotely by Zoom. Defendants are instructed on their citations to contact the court staff at least one week prior to their assigned court date to schedule their court appearance for a virtual hearing.
Face coverings and social distancing are also strongly recommended, if you visit the Courthouse during business hours.
Please keep your contact information current and email any address and/or phone number changes to the court!
The West University Place Municipal Court has jurisdiction over Class C Misdemeanors and City Ordinance Violations punishable by fine only.
Court Costs & Fines
Court costs are assessed if you are found guilty at trial, request a Driving Safety Course, or if you plead guilty or nolo contendere (no contest). Court costs vary by charge.
- Pay your court fines and traffic citations online.
- Pay your court fines and traffic citations by phone at 800.444.1187 with trafficpayment.com.
- Guilty: A judicial confession that one is guilty as charged. It is an admission of guilt.
- Nolo Contendere (No Contest): A statement that the defendant does not wish to contest the pending charges. Nolo contendere (no contest) is not an admission or denial of guilt.
- Not Guilty: A denial of guilty to the pending charges
Requests for a continuance must be made in person (or by an attorney) on or before the appearance date. You must fill out and sign a reset form at the clerk's office before a continuance will be granted. Only one reset will be granted. No resets will be made by telephone.
Certain violations may be dismissed at the Municipal Court's discretion and upon payment of a $20 compliance fee. Please contact the Court Clerk's Office for further information.
For More Information
For additional information, contact the Court Clerk's Office at 713.662.5825.
Municipal Court Clerk
Contact Gaby Perez
3800 University Boulevard
West University Place, TX 77005
Office Hours: Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Municipal Court: Tuesday
6:00 p.m. as scheduled