West U residents can vote by personal appearance at City Hall, 3800 University Boulevard, during Early Voting and on Election Day to elect a mayor and four members of council.
Where to Vote: West U City Hall, 3800 University Boulevard, during Early Voting and on Election Day.
Face coverings are not required, but are strongly encouraged.
Early Voting Hours of Operation:
• April 19 – 24: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
• April 25: Noon to 7:00 pm
• April 26: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
• April 27: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
On May 1, Election Day, the polls will be open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
To view the sample ballot, click Sample Ballot.
Identification Requirements: If you possess one of the following forms of acceptable Photo IDs, you must present it when voting in person:
• DPS issued Texas Driver’s License
• DPS issued Texas Personal ID Card
• DPS issued Texas Election Identification Certificate
• DPS issued Texas Handgun License
• US Military ID Card
• U.S. Passport
• US Citizenship Certificate.
* With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or, for voters aged 18-69, have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place. A person 70 years of age or older may use a form of identification listed above that has expired if the identification is otherwise valid.
Residents can apply for a ballot by mail if they meet certain requirements, such as being out of the county during early voting and on election day or the resident will be 65 years old on or before May 1, 2021. Click on the application link below for additional details.
Contact City Secretary Thelma Gilliam at 713.662.5813 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional information.